Green Initiatives: Current Initiatives
Our vision for Providence Amphitheater is to create an independently certified green complex that places the fan at the center of an improved social, recreational and environmental space. This is a summary of some of the initiatives we have implemented so far. Watch our blog for news and updates on our Green Initiatives program.
Utilize Recycled Materials
- Toilet paper made of recycled paper in all restrooms.
- Recycled paper for all office needs.
- Napkins and plates made of recycled paper at all concessions.
Energy & Conservation
- Energy Star compliant lighting that takes advantage of existing light to reduce energy consumption.
Reduce Paper Usage
- Replace all paper towel usage with high efficiency hand dryers in restrooms and concession stands.
- Implement a recycling program by providing multiple plastic & paper recycling receptacles placed appropriately around the venue.
Raise Employees Awareness
- Train employees in the ways of Energy Conservation and Recycling.
- Conserve energy by turning off computers, electronic devices and un-needed lights.
Encourage Online Purchases
- Educate concert-goers about the environmental benefits of purchasing tickets online.
- Reduce energy consumption by only opening our box office on event days.
Energy & Water Conservation
- High efficiency toilets, urinals and faucets.
- Energy Star compliant appliances.